What should you pay attention to when shipping with DSV?
We have listed all points for attention regarding (inter)national shipping with DSV. We recommend that you read this information carefully via the buttons below to avoid any surprises.
- Pallets are ideally suited for sending larger quantities of goods.
- Make sure your pallet material is in good condition.
- Put the heavy boxes on the bottom and stack the lightboxes on top.
- Stack the individual packages on the pallet properly so that the pallet forms a stable whole.
- Please note that the shipments must be packed within the pallet size and therefore do not protrude. This prevents damage to the boxes.
- Reinforce the corners. Use cardboard corner profiles for this.
- Secure your shipments on the pallet, for example by sealing. Also, seal the top.
It is not (yet) possible to send dangerous goods (ADR) via DSV.
On this page, you can see the goods that you cannot send via DSV:
1. In order to be able to demonstrate that your package is properly packed in the event of damage or loss, we recommend taking photos during the packing process. Therefore, take photos of at least the inner and outer packaging that also shows the product that you want to send.
In the event of damage, the insurance also checks whether you have packed the shipment properly. Therefore, make sure that you have packed the packaging.
2. You must be able to demonstrate that the specified value is correct by means of, for example, a purchase invoice. You cannot claim more than the amount you specified during the booking.
3. You insure your shipment against theft, damage and loss. Please note that you have submitted a claim to us within 8 working days after delivery of your shipment. Unfortunately, after these 8 working days, we can no longer submit the claim.
Delivery times are on working days and always subject to, for example, holidays, outside areas, weather conditions and customs processes. If your shipment is transported to a destination outside the European Union, your shipment will be cleared by local customs. This can sometimes take a few days because customs must follow various formalities so that the carrier can eventually deliver your shipment. Customs is a government agency over which we, unfortunately, have no influence.
Experience shows that approximately 90% of the shipments are delivered within the stated delivery time. We think it is important to be transparent about this and to communicate this information with you because we understand how important your shipment is to you. If you would like to know more about delivery times, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Goods must be properly packed and secured on a strong pallet. Furthermore, the items must be safe and accessible for a pallet truck for loading. It is very important that the goods are well packed and protected to prevent any damage during transport.
- Please note, pallets are partially tilted when lifted by the lift truck and must therefore be placed stable, centred and balanced on the pallet.
- Are you shipping more than 3 pallets? The trailer which will collect your pallets doesn't have a hydraulic tailgate or pallet truck. You need to make sure that you have a pallet truck or ramp to load the pallets onto the trailer.
- It is recommended to attach your labels (which you receive from ParcelParcel) on the side with a plug-in cover.
- The driver who comes to collect your shipment will assess whether your pallet is well prepared and safe enough to take with you for transport. The driver can determine at his own discretion whether or not the collection can be carried out.
- Pallet deliveries are made to a curbside location.
- Pallets can only be picked up or delivered to locations on the ground floor.
- Are you shipping more than 1.5 loading meters? The trailer which will collect/deliver your pallets doesn't have a hydraulic tailgate or pallet truck. You need to make sure that you have a pallet truck or ramp to load the pallets onto/off the trailer.
- Pallets can be picked up from and delivered on a solid surface that facilitates the operation of a pallet truck.
- Pallet weight must not exceed 1000 kg.
- The two-man installation delivery service is not available with standard delivery.
- The driver does not enter your building to pick up or deliver a pallet.
- DSV cannot pick up or deliver pallets on steep slopes.
- DSV cannot pick up or deliver pallets to gravel-covered driveways.
- Indicate whether you need a lifting platform for collection or delivery.
- In the event of cancellation or otherwise lapse of a collection order, the following amounts will be charged to the Client:
- 70% of the agreed freight price in the event of cancellation or due date on the day before loading after 3 p.m.;
- In the event of cancellation or due date on the day before loading after 5 p.m., 80% of the agreed freight price;
- In the event of cancellation or due date on the day of loading, 100% of the agreed freight price.
Unfortunately, you cannot drop off shipments at DSV. Each shipment is collected by DSV.
If you register the shipment via ParcelParcel, you can track your shipment 24/7 via the orange tracking button in our confirmation email. Please note, it can take up to 24 hours before your shipment is traceable, calculated from the moment your shipment is collected.
Please note, import duties may be levied at customs (a government agency) in the destination country when your shipment is shipped from/to a country outside the European Union. These additional costs are by default charged to the recipient and determined by the local customs. This is outside of our services and we have no influence on it. Read more information here.
For shipments that remain within the European Union, no import duties are levied because your shipment does not pass customs. Document shipments are also not dutiable, so no import duties will be levied.